Please follow these steps in order to make an application to HWC:
1. All applications to be submitted to email@example.com for screening for completeness prior to acceptance by HWC. A response will be provided within 72 hours of receipt (excluding weekends and public holidays).
2. This process will enable officials to check for completeness of applications and ensure that all required documentation is included.
3. A response will be provided indicating one of the below – kindly ensure that the contents of the communication is read thoroughly to avoid any miscommunications and overlaps:
3.1. Applicants informed that the application is in good order and ready for submission. At this stage the applicant is issued with a reference number and banking details for payment to be made. Thereafter, applicants must submit their complete application (inclusive of reference number and proof of payment) to HWC via firstname.lastname@example.org
3.2. Applicants informed that the application is NOT in good order for submission and advised about the outstanding information. Applicants will be requested to resubmit the application.
4. Once the complete application (inclusive of reference number and proof of payment) has been submitted to email@example.com a response will be provided within 72 hours of receipt confirming receipt of the submission for processing.
5. Note that reference numbers will only be provided for applications which have undergone the screening process. Please do not make any payments prior to having received your official HWC reference number.
6. The prescribed time limit for processing of applications will only be calculated from the date that the completed application is received (i.e., Step 4 above)
Please note that all submissions must be made via email to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation is required for various different types of application, and at various different stages in the application process. the commenting period for consultation is 30 days
Heritage Western Cape has various conservation bodies that have registered an interest in aspects of heritage. some of these groups are registered for a geographic area, some are registered for a theme. Applications made in terms of section 34, 38(3) and 27(18) require consultation with registered conservation bodies, if the application falls within the geographic area or theme of a conservation body's interest. A Google Earth file is provided below for reference. This file can be viewed in Google Earth Desktop. When making an application please check to see if the site falls within an area of interest to one of the Conservation Bodies. If it does, comments from the relevant Conservation Body are required before the application can be submitted to HWC.
Promotion of Access to Information (PAIA)
Heritage Western Cape has a PAIA policy regarding access to information in the HWC archive. Most documents are freely available as they are all public documents. to apply, fill out the form in the PAIA policy document below and submit the completed form to the relevant HWC staff member.
|Notice 4 of 2023 HWC Operations and Application Submission Requirements (003).pdf||307.24 KB|