Heritage Western Cape is the Competent authority in terms of managing the heritage related aspects of Impact Assessments in the Western Cape. Heritage Western Cape also comments on assessment processes run under the National Environmental Management Act, and the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act
Required Documents for NID Submission
Notification of Intent to Develop (NID) form (see below).
The following documentation is required upon submission:
1. Completed signed application form
2. Locality map
3. Proof of Ownership
4. Power of Attorney
5. Images of the site and its context
6. Proof of Payment with correct reference number
7. Any additional information pertaining to the heritage of the site
8. Digital copies of all required documents on CD or USB – USB’s are not returned
9. A minimum of two sets of the application form and required documentation is required
Phase 1 HIAs submitted in terms of both section 38(3) and 38(8) must be submitted with a proof of payment as well as a completed HIA checklist.
Phase 2 work plans submitted in terms of section 38(8) must be in accordance with the "Guide To Recommendations"
These must be submitted with 2 hardcopies, as well as a digital copy